Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Taxpayer Subsidies for Political Parties


I just published a short article about the taxpayer subsidy for political parties in Canada.


I had thought that there was only the per-vote subsidy, which Stephen Harper wants to cancel. I was surprised to learn that the per-vote subsidy accounts for only about a quarter of the subsidies the government provides to parties.

When I first posted the article on Triond, they put it on a site they have for articles on travel. That doesn’t make much sense to me, so I’ve asked to have it moved. It is annoying, because I had to wait until it is moved before I could promote it. With the election underway, this could be a popular article, if I can publicise it.


This post is a mirror from my main blog http://www.dynamiclethargyfilms.ca/blog

No comments:

Post a Comment