Sunday, June 27, 2021

“Carla’s Dinner”

I recorded another reading of a writing exercise this week. “Carla’s Dinner” is about a woman who is short on cash.

I got a new text to speech program this week: Balabolka. I ran into some trouble installing it because the computer flagged it as untrustworthy. I did some investigation and decided that I could trust it. It is free, but you have to get your own voices. It does let you access some of the free voices available on-line. I tried out some by IBM Watson. They were better than some of the others I’ve used in the past.

I decided to use some of the IBM Watson voices for the characters for the writing exercise I did this week. When I recorded the earlier exercises, I decided not to change what I wrote during the exercise. This time I decided to make a couple minor changes. I felt what I had originally put one of the characters in a worse light than I felt I should, so I removed a few words to ease up on him.

I wasn’t entirely happy with what I came up with. Partly I felt that my own performance wasn’t as good. Also, the text to speech voices sounded bland compared to my own voice. I went ahead and posted it anyway. Every project is a learning experience.

“Carla's Dinner”

https://soundcloud.com/dynamiclethargy/carlas-dinner

Keywords:



This post is a mirror from my main blog http://www.dynamiclethargyfilms.ca/blog

No comments:

Post a Comment