Sunday, November 26, 2023

“Ted Writes a Novel” Recording Demonstration Posted

Over the last 2 ½ years I’ve been recording the writing exercises I’ve done in the writer’s group I joined. Recently someone who heard about this asked me to do a demonstration video about how I did it. I’ve posted that demo video now.

I’ve used some of my writing exercises as the basis for a few of the short, animated videos I’ve done. Part of the reason why I started to record and post my writing exercise was to develop my skills in recording voices for my animation videos.

At first I was reluctant to do such a demonstration, because I felt what I was doing was rather primitive compared to what others could do. Eventually I convinced myself that there were some people who could benefit from my experiences.

For my demonstration, I wrote a very short story, “Ted Writes a Novel,” so the demonstration video wouldn’t run too long.

I use Audacity on my PC computer for recording and editing. The microphone I use is a Yeti Blue USB. I modify my voice for different characters using voice.ai. I use Natural Reader text to voice for some characters.

I used OBS Studio to record a video of the process of recording, cleaning up, and editing the video. After some procrastination I edited the 32 ½ minutes of raw video into a 10 ½ minute video. I wanted to keep the final video short, so I cut out or sped through repetitive sections. I also used the opportunity to cover up some of the mistakes I made.

I finally finished the video this week and posted it on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ffwmb9_XIs

I hope you find this useful.



This post is a mirror from my main blog http://www.dynamiclethargyfilms.ca/blog

No comments:

Post a Comment