Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sore Teeth and Other Thoughts


The last couple of weeks one of my teeth has become very painful. This week it got so sore that I found it hard to concentrate on much else. I will get it pulled Monday.

Recently, when I develop new stories, I try to give the main character some kind of handicap or limitation that they need to work around. After this last week, I think that a painful tooth would be a good handicap to give a hero. You really need to be nasty to your heroes.

I did manage to finish and publish a short article this week: Some Advice to People at The Start of Their Careers . It is a follow up to an article I did earlier: Six Lessons for Planning a Career . When I finished the earlier article I cut out a lot of material to keep the article short. I went back to that material and used it to build up a new article.

I came across another blog post to recommend: http://filmutopia.posterous.com/movie-blog-hey-film-makers-its-about-the-scri . His first point is one that I can attest is a good idea. When I first started to make films, before I started a project I would tell people about my ideas. I could tell from people’s reactions, which ideas caught their fancy and which ones didn’t. It wasn’t a conscious plan on my part, but it made a big difference in my work. I don’t really do that any more. I want to find a way to get that kind of feedback again.

This post is a mirror from my main blog http://www.dynamiclethargyfilms.ca/blog

No comments:

Post a Comment