Sunday, November 11, 2012

Rejection, But Not Dejection



I submitted my short story Pete’s Plan to Asimov’s Science Fiction Magazine a few weeks ago. This week they sent me a note to say, “it does not suit the needs of the magazine at this time”. I was disappointed, but people were supportive.

The magazine encouraged me to submit the story elsewhere. I plan to do that, but I am in procrastination mode. They didn't really say why they rejected it, so I wonder if I should try to rewrite it before I do. On the other hand, I don’t really know why they didn’t want it.

If you would like to give the story a read over and let me know what you think, I would appreciate it.

I think it is a good little story. Before I submitted it, I read some stories from a Best SF of the year anthology from a couple of years back. I found some good ones, but many of them were disappointing, so I felt mine would be acceptable. I wonder if it is too political for them.


This post is a mirror from my main blog http://www.dynamiclethargyfilms.ca/blog

No comments:

Post a Comment