Sunday, March 19, 2017

"Contingency" To Be Shown at the $100 Film Festival 25th Anniversary Retrospective


My movie "Contingency" (http://dynamiclethargyfilms.ca/filmlist/contingency/) is to be shown at the $100 Film Festival 25th Anniversary Retrospective next Wednesday, March 22, 2017. http://www.100dollarfilmfestival.org/festival/retrospective/

I made "Contingency" as a retrospective on the festival for the 20th festival in 2012. It looks back at the festival and the films I made for the festival over the years.

I did the film in 16mm the same way I would have done a film in 8mm, so I ended up with only one copy of the film. When it came time to give it to the festival for screening, I had to provide that one copy. The only problem: I couldn't find it.

On a personal note; my wife passed away recently after a long illness. During the late part of her illness I devoted all my time and energy to supporting her. Finding a film for the festival was a low priority for me.

The loss of my wife drained away much of my energy. It is important for me to find a new focus for my life. However, it wasn't until a few days ago that I felt up to a search for my film. It didn't take long to find the film. Naturally, it was in a place I never thought to look before. I delivered the film to the festival in time for the screening.

Without my wife to share it with, the screening isn't as enjoyable as it used to be.



$100 Film Festival, Retrospective

This post is a mirror from my main blog http://www.dynamiclethargyfilms.ca/blog

No comments:

Post a Comment