Sunday, April 25, 2021

“Speed Date” Update 2021 April 25

I didn’t get as much done as I would like. I did start to see where I need to improve the dialogue. I’m still on the look out for some one who has gone to a speed date that I can interview.

I have focussed on developing the video in Nawmal. It has some glitches that I want to fix. Mostly this had to do with changing the location and timing of the camera angle changes. But, as I worked on it, I realized that I needed to work on the dialogue first. After watching the video multiple times, I just didn’t find what they talked about that interesting. Of course, parts of the dialogue are supposed to be superficial.

I used Xtranormal as my writing tool a few times and that seemed to work well for me. I want to take the same approach with Nawmal. But I got too involved with getting the visuals right at the neglect of the dialogue. So, I went and dropped all the camera setups and now I have a single camera set up for the whole video.

That is as far as I got on the project. Next week I hope to focus on the dialogue and action. Once I’m happy with that, I will start putting in the camera setups again.

I am calling it "Cupid's Associates" for now but am not happy with that. I came up with some alternatives:

·         “Cupid’s Underlings”

·         “Cupid’s Minions”

·         “Cupid’s Cronies” (my niece suggested this one)

·         "The Minions of Cupid"

·         "The Minions of Eros"

I still like the name minions, but that will bring up the image of the cartoon characters in most people’s minds. I like “Cupid’s Cronies”, but there are at least two dating companies with that name. "The Minions of Eros" is my favourite at the moment.



This post is a mirror from my main blog http://www.dynamiclethargyfilms.ca/blog

No comments:

Post a Comment