Sunday, January 27, 2013

First Draft of “Felix” Done


I finished the first draft of my story Felix. It is a science fiction story set on Mars. I based it on a Lovecraft story. I added 3,100 words this week and the first draft came in a little over 8,000 words.

It really needs a rewrite though. I’ll do at least one more draft, maybe two, before I start to look for some volunteer beta readers. I’ll leave it for a few weeks before I start on a rewrite. That will let me work on my other science fiction story, Heat Wave.

I resubmitted my short story Pete’s Plan to another science fiction magazine. This is the fourth submission now. I didn’t rewrite it again as I did after the first couple of submissions.

Someone sent me a link to a website that lists a whole bunch of places to submit science fiction stories: ralan.com. It listed 42 professional magazines, and over 100 semi-pro and amateur magazines. I hope that at least one of them will want my story.


By the way, if you would like to help me and volunteer to be a beta reader, please get in touch with me. Thanks.


This post is a mirror from my main blog http://www.dynamiclethargyfilms.ca/blog

No comments:

Post a Comment