Sunday, April 7, 2013

Putting “Sweat Box” on the Back Burner


I’ve been stuck on my story “Sweat Box” for several months now. I’ve found that when I pick one top priority, then I tend to neglect everything else. Focus is a good thing, but sometimes it just gets in the way.

For the past couple months my top priority has been my wife’s health. While I’ve focussed on my wife’s health, I know that I need to take a break and take care of myself. Unfortunately, my top writing priority, “Sweat Box” takes a lot out of me.

I’ve grown frustrated with the project and can’t move forward with it. That isn’t what I need now. I don’t really like to drop projects, but I know I have to put “Sweat Box” off to the side for now. Aside from some concerns about the story itself, I just don’t feel excited by the story now. Maybe after I’ve left for a while I can come back to it with renewed vigour.

I have several other projects that I want to work on. I have ideas about how to finish off “My Most Difficult Case”. I want to try more short and long films with Xtranormal. I’ll have to pick one that gets me excited though. Maybe I should just go with the first impulse I have when I get up tomorrow.



This post is a mirror from my main blog http://www.dynamiclethargyfilms.ca/blog

No comments:

Post a Comment