Monday, October 25, 2021

“The Depression of the Illegitimate Climate Scientist”

I wrote, recorded, and posted my latest writing exercise: "The Depression of the Illegitimate Climate Scientist".

Martha takes a break from making dinner to talk with her husband Sidney about their problems.

·         https://soundcloud.com/dynamiclethargy/the-depression-of-the-illegitimate-climate-scientist

I was a bit intimidated by the title, but I went ahead with it anyway. I felt it turned out OK. I plan to do a video based on it. I got stuck doing the video for the last one. Now I have two to do.

After I finished it, I came up with a very different approach to a story based on the same title. It might be interesting to try writing a series of short stories using the same title for each of them.

Other Projects

I plan to get back to work on my "Old Fogie Filmmakers" group idea. The staff at the Calgary Society of Independent Filmmakers are supportive of it. Just need to get past a little procrastination.

I bought a book on Blender. Blender is the 3D animation program I used for a few of my movies. I decided that I needed to gain a better idea about what it can do and how to do it. What I learned so far was mostly trial and error. The trouble with that approach is that you often don't learn a lot of the basics. Just need to get past a little procrastination.

Our script writer’s group is recruiting new members now. If you are interested, please get in touch with me.


This post is a mirror from my main blog http://www.dynamiclethargyfilms.ca/blog

No comments:

Post a Comment