Sunday, October 3, 2021

“The Hysteria of the Uppity Guru” Video

Last week I posted my recording of my writing exercise “The Hysteria of the Uppity Guru”. This week I turned that into a video using NAWMAL. This is part of my longer-term goal to remake my movie “The Barrier”.

I posted the finished video here:

·         https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUQR1SYGDyA

My current goal is to practice with NAWMAL and other things to brush up on my skills, learn new techniques, and learn to work more efficiently. I want to get these exercises done faster, so as a result I kept track of the time I took.

The Time it Took

As with my other writing exercises, I limited my writing time to a half hour. I also did not do any rewriting. It took me about 2 hours to record, edit, and post the audio version.

I used portions of the audio recording for the video. It took me about an hour and 15 minutes to re-edit the audio into a form I could use in the movie.

Creating the video in NAWMAL took up the bulk of my time. Scene 1 took me 1 hour and 30 minutes. Scene 2 took me 1 hour and 35 minutes. Scene 3 took me 1 hour and 20 minutes. Scene 4 took me only 45 minutes, which was long since it was a very short scene. Altogether the total was just over 5 hours.

Editing the scenes together and adding sound effects took me about 2 hours. In total I spent a bit more than 10 hours on the project. That was longer than I expected.

One reason was that I haven’t used NAWMAL much in recent years and I'm quite rusty. I always find it harder to do when I have the characters move around during the video. Setting up the cameras can be finicky. I was also using pre-recorded dialogue, which I hadn’t done much of before. That was a learning experience.



This post is a mirror from my main blog http://www.dynamiclethargyfilms.ca/blog

No comments:

Post a Comment