Monday, November 15, 2021

"The Fortitude of the Adventurous Husband"

I posted my writing exercise "The Fortitude of the Adventurous Husband" this week.

An adventuresome Husband leads his wife on what is supposed to be a short walk in the evening.

·         https://soundcloud.com/dynamiclethargy/the-fortitude-of-the-adventuresome-husband

I wasn't totally happy with the result after I finished writing it. Mostly because I hadn’t felt very inspired by the idea. However, when I was recording the audio, I changed my mind about it. Certainly not the best thing I ever wrote, but still a worthy effort.

Video Versions

I still intend to turn these writing exercises into videos, but I haven't gotten very far with any of them.

I did start on them though. My first step was to split each line of dialogue into a separate file. When I put the audio files into NAWMAL, I need to have each line as a separate line. I have this done for the last three writing exercises.

I am still not happy with the Audacity plugin that I use to make my voice sound like a woman for the female characters. They don’t sound female to me. At least the voices sound different enough so that it character sound like different people.

I tried a different program to modify my voice, but I don't think it works any better. I read some posts about mimicking voices that said women's voices sound "breathier" than men's voices. I read descriptions of what this means, but I don't understand how to do that.

I talked to an actor about doing voices for me but haven’t followed up with her on that yet.

I have an account at one of those websites where you can create audio files using computer generated voices. The female character in “The Hysteria of the Uppity Guru” used a voice from that site. I'm reluctant to use that approach too often though. I think it would be OK for minor characters, but not for the main ones. Also, when I start to make longer videos, I will want to use actors for the voices, and I need to start building up experience working with actors to record voices.



This post is a mirror from my main blog http://www.dynamiclethargyfilms.ca/blog

No comments:

Post a Comment